Terms and Conditions
- Sweetcombe Cottage Holidays (hereinafter called ‘the Agent’) acts as a letting Agent on behalf of the Owners, and on confirmation of booking, the agreement is deemed to be between the Hirer and the Property Owner. Whilst every care has been taken in the description of each property, no liability can be accepted by the Agent for any subsequent change made by the Owner. Neither can the Agent be held responsible for the actions of either the Hirer or the Property Owner.
- In the event we are unable to reserve the accommodation requested, the advance payment will be returned in full. All bookings are accepted in good faith, on behalf of the Owner, but in the unlikely event of any occurrence making it necessary for any bookings already confirmed to be subsequently cancelled, the Agent‘s liability shall be limited to the immediate return in full of all monies paid. However, in both cases, every endeavour will be made to find and offer alternative accommodation of similar type and value.
- Dates reserved by telephone must please be followed immediately by a completed booking form and advance payment to secure the booking. Failure to do this may result in the dates being re-let. No booking shall be deemed to have been made until a booking form and remittance is received and confirmed.
- The property is occupied only for a holiday and in no circumstances can the period booked be extended, nor the total number of persons exceed the number stated in the Brochure.
- Once the booking has been confirmed, the Hirer is liable in law to pay for the accommodation for the whole period reserved in full. We strongly recommend that you take an appropriate holiday cancellation policy before booking to cover you for any unforeseen eventuality. For further details see cancellation insurance
- The final balance due is payable eight weeks before arrival. Non-payment of this balance by the due date may be taken as cancellation and the Agent may endeavour to relet the property. In the event of this the Agent will be entitled to retain the advance payment. This should not be seen as relieving the Hirer of his legal responsibility to pay the full amount should the property remain unlet. If the endeavours to relet the property are successful, the Agent may refund to the Hirer some or all of the monies paid, less the booking fee.
- Neither the Agent nor the Owner, other than resulting from negligence, shall be responsible for any injury, damage or loss of whatsoever nature suffered by the Hirer or any members of the Hirer’s party or any other person lawfully upon the property during the holiday occupancy.
- To enable the Owner/Caretaker to have time to thoroughly check through for the next occupants, the property should please be vacated by 9.30am on the day of departure. On arrival (in most cases, but please see individual property details) it may be occupied at any time after 3.00pm. Notification of late arrival or early departure, particularly if of a full days‘ duration or more, will be appreciated.
- Cottages are cleaned and inspected between lets. On arrival please notify us of defects within 24 hours; failing which you are deemed to accept the condition of the property. By accepting our Terms and Booking conditions the client has agreed to leave the property at the end of their stay in the condition as found. In the unlikely event of the property not being left to the required standard the client will be notified in writing and the cost of extra cleaning/ rectification/repair will be levied via the credit card used. The word of the owner/or their representative will be final in this respect.
- Breakages and damages should either please be replaced by the Hirer with similar or advised to the Owner or Agent to enable this to be done at replacement cost to the Hirer, and your kind attention to this would be appreciated.
- The person making the booking will remain responsible for all members of the part and should ensure they are aware of booking conditions. If these are not met, the Owner could refuse right of entry to the property and no monies will be refunded.
- ‘Party’ bookings, bookings from persons under the age of 25, or groups where the majority of the members are under the age of 25 are not normally accepted but special considerations will always be given upon receipt of full details.
- The right is also reserved to pass on and charge as an extra any exceptional charge which may be levied upon the Owner or Agent, including such changes in VAT as may be made by the government, or any extra cost which may be charged to the Owner or Agent for any service or supply provided, (including payment for all fuel and telephone charges where levied as extra during the hire period).
- The right of Entry to the property at all reasonable times is reserved by the Owner/Caretaker or Agent with or without workmen for the purpose of inspection or to carry out any repair deemed necessary to the property or equipment, including gardening.
NOTE: Whilst every care is taken to ensure complete satisfaction with your holiday accommodation, in the unhappy event of your having cause for complaint, this should first be taken up with the Owners/Caretaker. If after all local steps have been taken satisfaction is still not obtained, the matter should be reported to the Agent. No complaint will be entertained at the end of the holiday or after the Hirer has returned home. Reports, appreciative comments or constructive suggestions for improvement will always be gladly received. In matters of equipment going wrong, it should please be realised that although frequently checked, items not reported by departing occupants may escape attention. In cases of failure or malfunction of domestic appliances or equipment, furniture, fittings, drainage, electricity/gas/water/fuel supplies, telephone and including loss of colour or picture quality of TV receivers, the Owners will use their best endeavours to have all such faults and failures corrected as soon as possible after the same shall have been reported to them, but in the case of items requiring expert attention the Owner‘s liability shall be limited to the passing of the request for service to their usual suppliers or repairers. No responsibility can be accepted for any subsequent delay on the part of such suppliers or repairers for any loss of frozen food due to failure or inadequacy of the refrigerator, which may or may not be of a type having a special or separate storage compartment.
PETS: For each property detail we specify whether or not pets are permitted. We reserve the right to refuse admission to a property to anyone bringing more than the agreed number or size of pets and also those who shut pets in the property during the period of their holiday. Some Owners will ask for refundable deposits against damage which may possibly be caused by the pets of some irresponsible Hirers. We apologise to the majority of pet owners who do take their responsibilities seriously.