Sweetcombe Cottage Holidays is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
This policy applies to the website We operate, Our use of emails for marketing purposes, and any other methods We use for collecting information. It covers what We collect and why, what We do with the information, what We won’t do with the information, and what rights you have.
Who are 'We'?
In this policy, whenever you see the words ‘We’, ‘Us’ or ‘Our’, it refers to Sweetcombe Holiday Cottages. We are registered as a data controller for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The full legal information for Us:
Sweetcombe Holiday Cottages, Leigh Farm, Weston, Sidmouth, Devon, EX10 0PH
Limited Company number: 440 30 28
Your acceptance of this policy, and Our right to change it
By using Our website, social media pages, entering a competition or providing your information you consent to Our collection and use of the information you provide in the way(s) set out in this policy. If you do not agree to this policy please do not use Our sites, social media pages or services.
We may make changes to this policy from time to time. If We do so, We will post the changes on this page and they will apply from the time We post them. This policy was last changed on 12 May 2018.
Your personal data
Personal data is information that can be used to help identify an individual, such as name, address, phone number or email address.
What information do We collect and why?
We will only ever collect the information We need – including data that will be useful to help improve Our services. We collect one kind of information:
1. Personal information such as name, postal address, phone number, email address and only with your consent. demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
2. Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- fulfill your requests – such as holiday bookings,
- handle bookings, deliver our service and communicate with you about bookings
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may process sales transactions or other payments and verify financial transactions
- We may periodically send newsletter campaigns
- prevent or detect fraud or abuses of Our websites and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on Our behalf
- if you have agreed to it, provide you with information that We think may be of interest to you. We may contact you by the email address you have given us, phone or mail.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Using your information for marketing
We provide our existing contacts and customers with an opportunity to opt-out of receiving communication with us at every opportunity. As of May 2018, supporters and users will be required to ‘opt in’ to receiving communication from Us and we will only send marketing information to people who have specifically said that they agree to Us doing this, and We will only do so in the way(s) they have agreed to. Marketing information covers information from the goods and services sold and holiday special offers and local information about coast, countryside and holidays.
If you want to receive this information but haven’t opted in, you can do so by emailing email@example.com or by calling our team on (01395) 512130 weekdays between 9am-5pm.
If We contact you by email, every message We send will include a link to opt out of receiving future messages if you change your mind.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Storing your information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us using the details on our contact page.
Information is stored by Us on computers located in the UK, and / or on cloud servers which may be situated inside or outside the European Economic Area. We may also store information in paper files.We place a great importance on the security of all personally identifiable information associated with Our customers and users. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal data under Our control. For example, only authorised personnel are authorised to access user information and We use secure server software (SSL) to encrypt financial and personal information you input before it is sent to Us. While We cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur while it is under Our control, We use Our best efforts to try to prevent this.
Unfortunately, the transmission of data across the Internet is not completely secure and whilst We do Our best to try to protect the security of your information We cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur whilst data is being transferred. Our cloud server storage is only with organisations that we trust that have demonstrated excellence in information security, and that are GDPR compliant.
We will keep your information only for as long as We need it to provide you with the goods, services or information you have required, to administer your relationship with Us, or the preferences of Our customers, to comply with the law, or to ensure We do not communicate with people that have asked Us not to. When We no longer need information We will always dispose of it securely.
What We don’t do with your information
We never sell or share your information to other organisations to use for their own purposes.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The Data Protection Act and GDPR give you certain rights over your data and how We use it. These include:
- the right in certain circumstances to have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed
- the right to prevent your data being used for direct marketing
- the right of access to a copy of the information We hold about you (known as a subject access request)
- the right to object to the processing of your data
- If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact the Data Protection Officer in writing at Sweetcombe Cottage Holidays, Leigh Farm, Weston, Sidmouth, Devon, EX10 0PH. It is Our policy for a subject access request for a single isolated request will be free of charge.
For more information about your rights under the Data Protection Act go to the website of the Information Commissioner’s Office at ico.org.uk
Thank you from us all at Sweetcombe Cottage Holidays for your continued business.