Treat Our NHS Giveaways!
As a thank you from Sweetcombe to the hard-working NHS staff throughout the UK’s Covid-19 pandemic, we have launched not one but two giveaways to encourage people to nominate deserving NHS members to win a stay at our fabulous properties!
As soon as we realised the impact of COVID-19, we immediately advised our owners and guests that holidays would not be able to take place. Not only for the initial three-week lockdown, but for the 12-week period due to the aging local population. We informed our local MP, councils, and residents that we are helping as much as we can in order to stop the spread of this virus. The community have truly come together to support one another, and we feel we are very lucky to live in Devon, especially at a time like this.
One winner of the holiday giveaway will be treated to a three-night stay in our stunning sixteenth century semi-detached thatched cottage, Rosemary Cottage, located in the rural area of Weston on the outskirts of Sidmouth, Devon. At the property, the winner can enjoy their trip with up to six guests, as the property houses four cosy bedrooms along with enough private parking for three cars, with a private garden at the front, complete with garden furniture and BBQ; the cottage also welcomes a family dog should you wish to bring your four-legged friend.
Guests can also expect a spacious living room with an exposed stone wall, inglenook fireplace with a wood burner off from the dining room with exposed beams and archway, which leads to the handmade oak kitchen featuring a centre island and French doors to the rear garden. There is also a summerhouse at the cottage for guests to use.
The other winner will recieve a three night stay at Seascape in Sidmouth for up to four guests and a dog. Seascape is a superb luxury apartment forming part of an imposing Grade II listed Georgian terrace perfectly positioned in the heart of Sidmouth, with the seafront, shops and restaurants all within a two minute level walk. The owners have thought of everything required to make this a real home from home; pets are especially well catered for. The apartment has been tastefully decorated throughout, with modern furnishings, and although the apartment is on the lower ground floor the accommodation is surprisingly bright and airy with large sash windows to the front of the property.
The winners will be chosen shortly after the giveaway closing date and can book their stay at Rosemary Cottage and Seascape on any non-peak weeks, beginning when UK travel restrictions are fully lifted.
To nominate an NHS worker, visit the Sweetcombe Holiday Cottages Facebook page and Instagram page and tag the person you wish to nominate in a comment on the competition’s post from 23rd April until May 23rd 2020 #treatourNHS
Entry into this competition is subject to the following terms;
1. This promotion is open from 10.00am on 23/4/2020 to 10.00am on 23/5/2020 only to the residents of England, excluding employees and their immediate families of Sweetcombe Cottage Holidays, its agents or anyone else professionally connected with this promotion.
2. If you are under the age of 18, you must obtain consent from your parent/guardian to enter into the promotion. By entering into the promotion you confirm that you have been given this consent.
3. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants. The Promoter may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for this purpose and a prize may be withheld unless and until the Promoter is satisfied with the verification.
4. No purchase necessary.
5. Valid Facebook/ Instagram and Internet access are required.
6. To enter this promotion via Facebook visit https://www.facebook.com/sweetcombecottages/ or https://www.instagram.com/sweetcombecottageholidays comment on the promotional post with the name of the NHS member that you wish to nominate for entry into the giveaway.
7. Submission on the Facebook and Instagram page constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.
8. There are 2 prizes of 2x experiences to be won.- one per nominee
9. Only one entry submission per person will be accepted.
10. Multiple entries will not be accepted. Only the first entry per person will be valid. Any other entries will be disregarded.
11. Automated/bulk entries and entries from third parties will be disqualified. No incomplete or corrupted entries will be accepted. Entries will only be accepted if they comply with all entry instructions.
12. Entry to the draw will close at 10.00am on 23/5/2020. The prize draw will take place on 23/5/2020 where ONE winner from all valid entrants will be selected at random by an independent person.
13. There are no cash or other alternative prizes available, except that in the event of circumstances outside of its control the Promoter reserves the right to substitute similar prizes of equal or greater value.
14. The Promoter will notify the winners by 23/6/2020 by commenting on the Facebook promotional post. Once Sweetcombe Cottage Holidays receives a message from the winner with their contact email address, Sweetcombe Cottage Holidays will get in touch within two working days with full prize information. The Promoter shall not be liable for any delay in, or respond, if such delay or failure arises from any cause beyond its reasonable control, including without limitation any act of God, Governmental act (including any act of any foreign government, the European Community or other international body), war, adverse weather conditions, fire, flood, tempest, explosion, civil commotion, riot, insurrection or act of terrorism, failure of a third party or industrial action.
15. In the event that any winner does not respond or cannot be contacted within 7 days, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw prize entitlement and award the prize to a reserve winner selected at the same time as the original. Only one prize can be won by any person.
16. The Promoter will disqualify entrants it believes are acting in breach of these terms and conditions.
17. Entry to this promotion is via the Sweetcombe Cottage Holidays Facebook and Instagram page only and no written or faxed entries will be accepted.
18. Incomplete entries or those not submitted in accordance with the entry instructions are invalid and will not be entered in the draw.
19. It is a condition of entry that winners agree to take part in any publicity that may arise as a result of this promotion, and all winners agree to being photographed and/or filmed. Confirmed winners’ names may be announced in a Facebook, Instagram and Twitter post, or otherwise published by the Promoter. By submitting their details, the entrants agree to the Promoter publicising the promotion and their names as well as using their personal data for the above purposes and fulfilment of prizes. The Promoter will not share your personal data with any 3rd party other than for the purposes of prize fulfilment. Prize fulfilment will be handled by Sweetcombe Cottage Holidays entrants can request access to the personal information the prize fulfilment agency holds about them by contacting Leigh Farm, Grammar Ln, Weston, Sidmouth EX10 0PH.
20. The Promoter is bound by the Data Protection Act (1984 and 1998) and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) where applicable. Entrants can request access to the personal information the Promoter holds about them by contacting Sweetcombe Cottage Holidays, Leigh Farm, Grammar Ln, Weston, Sidmouth EX10 0PH. Winner’s data will be held for 3 months after the promotional close date for prize fulfilment and verification that all prizes have been awarded.
22. The Promoter’s decisions regarding all promotional matters will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
24. The Promoter is unable to advise Entrants if they have not been successful.
25. No responsibility can be accepted for submissions lost or delayed in electronic transmission.
26. The Promoter reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the promotion (including altering prizes) if, in the sole discretion of the Promoter, the promotion is not capable of being conducted as specified.
27. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
28. The Promoter: Sweetcombe Cottage Holidays, Leigh Farm, Grammar Ln, Weston, Sidmouth EX10 0PH.